It’s the most wonderful time of the year!! Indeed, it is! There’s nothing more heart-warming than being reunited with the family over dinner and lunch for Christmas eve and Christmas day! Christmas is that happy holiday after a long, stressful year. It’s that small reminder that there are always good things at the end, no matter how hard things get. This month brings lots of joy, love and of course FOOD!
Whether you’re gathered around for lunch/dinner or just as a hangout you’ll certainly need some drink! Here are a few drinks suggestions for all the family! (Even for the kids!!)
Prep time: 5 min – Serves: 8
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups Sierra Mist or Sprite
- Rosemary for garnish
(You can turn it into an alcoholic drink by adding 1 cup white rum, spiced rum, whiskey, or vodka)
- Mix all together in a large pitcher or punch bowl over ice. If you’re using a large punch bowl you can double the recipe.
- You can add lemon and lime slices too.
- 1 banana
- 250ml milk
- 50g Greek Yogurt
- 25g oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or honey to taste
- Peel banana and slice it into rounds, lay them on lined baking tray and freeze for a couple of hours. (To thicken and make the smoothie colder)
- Add milk, Greek yogurt, oats, desiccated coconut, and vanilla extract to blender. Remove the banana pieces from freezer and add as well.
- Whizz together until completely smooth, then taste and add a little maple syrup or honey to sweeten.
- Pour into the glass, top it with cream and snowflake sprinkles.
Prep time: 10 minutes – Serves: 12
- 1 carton frozen green punch base
- Several scoop lime sherbets – to taste
- Lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- Maraschino sorbet
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Green food coloring
- Mix thawed punch mix, sherbet, and soda together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add sugar. Add a few drops of green food coloring, stirring until evenly combined.
- When your sugar is satisfyingly green, dip the rim of a glass into water. You just want to get the rim wet. Dip the rim of the cup immediately into the bowl of sugar. Remove and set sugar-coated cup right side up. Repeat for the number of cups you're using.
- Add desired amount of punch to each cup, and if using add 1 maraschino cherry to each glass for the Grinch's heart that was 3x too small.
- For the batter:
- 6 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 1 pound sugar
- 1 ounce añejo rum
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- For each drink
- 6 ounces milk
- 1 ounce añejo rum
- 1 ounce V.S. Cognac
- Make the batter: In a bowl, beat egg yolks until they are as thin as water. While beating, gradually add sugar, rum, vanilla, spices and bitters. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into yolk mixture. If not using immediately, refrigerate batter.
- Make the drink: In a small saucepan, bring milk to boil. Meanwhile, warm a roughly 10-ounce Irish coffee mug in the oven. Pour in 2 ounces batter. Add 1 ounce rum and 1 ounce Cognac. Fill with boiling milk, stirring briskly with a small whisk while adding, so batter and milk are well mixed. Dust with nutmeg.
We hope you’ll have a beautiful month and a memorable holiday with your family and loved ones! Stay warm, have some of these drinks and Bon Appetit!