Who said romantic dinners had to be reserved for Valentine's Day? Every now and again, a nice and private dinner with your partner is greatly required to freshen things up. Going out for a romantic dinner isn't always an option, and we must admit that having a romantic dinner at home is always more intimate. Here are a few vegetarian meals you can cook for dinner or lunch! Bon Appetit!
*Every recipe serves two people*
- Spaghetti (gluten free or whole wheat can be used)
- 4 Tbsps feta cheese
- 4 Tbsps sour cream
- 3 Tbsps dill, chopped
- A handful of chopped green onions
- Green peppercorns, to taste
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions written on the package.
- In a bowl, add feta cheese, sour cream, chopped dill, green onions and green peppercorns.
- Add the boiled pasta and blend together.
You might already be familiar with it from Tiktok but it’s a great meal to get the Greek feels!
- 15ounces (400 g) cherry tomatoes
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4ounces (120 g) feta in a block not crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1tsp dry oregano
- 1small hot pepper
- 2tbsp fresh chopped mint or basil
- 4oz (about 1 cup) dry penne pasta or similar type (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F (180 C)
- In medium sized baking dish spread the tomatoes.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons over the tomatoes and toss.
- Place the feta in the center of the baking dish, sprinkle with oregano, black pepper and place the hot pepper on top of the feta. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. If adding pasta, start boiling it now and set aside.
- Remove from oven and smash the feta -tomato a bit before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint before serving
To serve as an appetizer, accompany with some bread.
To serve as a meal, add the pasta and mix.
Time for some desserts!! Check out these two recipes.
- 3/4cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1tablespoon agar agar flakes
- 8ounces fresh strawberries (about 1 1/4 cups chopped)
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4cup pure maple syrup
- 1cup almond meal
- 2tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- To prepare the no-bake crust, combine all of the ingredients and divide the dough between the number of cups you plan on using. (I used 4 6-ounce cups, but you could probably do up to 8 shot glasses with this amount of crust.)
- To prepare the strawberry filling, combine the coconut milk and agar flakes in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Use a whisk to stir well and lower the heat to a simmer, whisking occasionally until all of the agar flakes have dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place the strawberries, vanilla, and maple syrup in your blender container and pour the coconut milk/agar mixture over the top. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, then pour the filling over each crust. Place the pies in the fridge to set until the center is firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries just before serving!
- 2scoops dairy-free ice cream
- 2shots espresso
- 1recipe caramel sauce
- 2oz vegan chocolate, melted (optional)
- Vegan chocolate, grated or chopped
- Pinch of salt
How to Make the Caramel Sauce
- 150 grams coconut cream powder (~⅔ cup)
- 150 grams coconut palm sugar (~⅔ cup)
- 120 ml warm water (~½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high for 2-3 minutes until thick and gooey.
- Place in airtight container in fridge - it gets thicker as it chills.
Chocolate Drizzle or Chocolate Sprinkles
- Melt your favourite vegan chocolate for drizzles.
- To make sprinkles, finely chop a small piece of vegan chocolate.
- For a fancier version, slightly warm the chocolate chunk and then grate on the larger side of a box grater.
Assembling the Affogato Dessert
- Scoop your favourite dairy-free ice cream into a pretty mug. One scoop per serving.
- Make a shot of espresso and pour over the scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle/dollop caramel sauce over ice cream.
- Drizzle melted chocolate, add a pinch of finishing salt, and a sprinkle of chopped chocolate.