This May, shower your mother with love and wonderful treats. Nothing beats breakfast in bed to start the day on a positive note. Mothers always offer a lot of themselves to their children; they lavish us with love and attention. Their affection is completely unconditional. How about we give them some of what they've done? Why not spoil them out, look after them, and brighten their day? If you want to surprise your mother on Mother's Day, we've compiled a list of quick breakfast in bed ideas.
Gather the ingredients, fill the kitchen with delectable aromas and fresh foods, and make the finest breakfast for your mother! Treat her like a queen!
Total time: 45 min - Serves 6
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 2 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 2 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Side salad, bacon, and potatoes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes, basil, and 1/3 cup each Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses in the bottom of the baking dish. Whisk together eggs and Worcestershire in a bowl until fully combined and frothy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake until just cooked through, 25 to 28 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm with a side salad, bacon, and potatoes.
Total time: 25 min - Serves: 6-8
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. half-and-half
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted butter, for griddle
- 8 thin slices country ham
- 8 slices Texas toast-style-bread
- Whisk together eggs, milk, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat; butter. Working in batches, lay 1 slice ham on griddle. Quickly dip 1 slice of bread into egg mixture, then place on top of ham. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup alongside.
Total time: 25 min - Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. melted butter, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and sugar together with a fork. In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla, butter, and eggs until well-mixed. Fold in dry ingredients and blueberries until just incorporated. Do not over-mix (batter should be lumpy).
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add dab of butter and scoop 1/3 cup of batter on griddle. Cook for 2 minutes (bubbles will appear), then flip and cook 1 minute more. Pancakes should be golden brown. Repeat steps for remaining pancakes.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and blueberries.
Total time: 30 min - Serves: 6
- 1 loaf brioche, cut into 6 thick slices, preferably day old
- 1 (13-oz.) jar raspberry jam
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus more as needed
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- In the bottom of each slice of bread, make a 2” wide slit to create a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill a pastry bag or resealable baggie with jam and fill each pocket with jam.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Dip each slice of bread in mixture, turning to coat.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Working in batches, add bread to skillet and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices, adding more butter as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Total time: 10 min - Serves: 2
- 1 banana
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen blackberries, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- 1 1/4 c. almond milk
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide between 2 cups and top with blackberries, if desired.