How can we say no to less time in the kitchen, less ingredients, and delectable on-the-go finger foods? If you're planning a party or a gathering with friends/family at home, finger appetizers are the way to go! It's simple, quick to make and ideal for on-the-go munching. Gatherings, pool parties, and other events will become frequent as summer approaches. Gather your friends, prepare those tasty finger appetizers, and enjoy them with cool drinks.
These easy-to-make vegetarian finger food dishes are full of delicious flavors and are a must-try! Bon Appetit!
Total time: 30 min - Serving: 10
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 48 assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, honey and mint. Add peppers; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat goat cheese and cream cheese. Spread 1 rounded teaspoon on each cracker. Drain peppers well. Arrange peppers on cheese-topped crackers.
Total time: 20 min - Serving: 32
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
Total time: 25 min - Serving: 16
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Drain. Stir in the feta, pine nuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread over 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until bread is browned and cheese is melted, turning once, 3-4 minutes. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
Total time: 25 min - Serving: 4-6
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 250g Portabella Mushrooms, stalks trimmed, cut into thin fries
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp harissa
- 1 cup greek-style yoghurt
- Heat enough oil in a large saucepan to come one-third up the sides to 170°C
- Meanwhile, place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate wide, shallow bowls
- Season the flour well with salt and pepper. Dust the mushroom fries in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip into the egg, then coat well in the breadcrumbs
- In batches, deep-fry the fries for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked. Drain well on paper towel and season with salt
- Mix harissa together with yoghurt. Serve with fries
Total Time: 55 min - Serving: around 4 dozen
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) graham crackers, quartered
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 cartons (7 ounces each) milk chocolate for dipping
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature or until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over half of the graham crackers. Spread marshmallow creme over remaining graham crackers; place over chocolate-covered crackers, pressing to adhere.
- Melt dipping chocolate according to package directions. Dip each s'more halfway into dipping chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until dipping chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Total time: 88 min - Serving: 3 servings
1 large banana, cut into bite-size slices
1/4 pound fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces
4 large strawberries, halved
1 cup chocolate candy melts, or melted chocolate
1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts of choice
Line a large baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
Take each stick and skewer 1 pineapple bite, 1 banana round, and 1 strawberry half.
Place them on the tray and set in freezer for 10 minutes.
Put the nuts into a small dish.
Melt the chocolate in a wide small bowl or plate according to the bag instructions.
Dip the bottom of the fruit skewers in the melted chocolate and then right into the nuts to coat.
As each one is done, place them back on the prepared sheet to rest and set.
Total Time: 27 min - Serving: 48
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and beat with a hand beater till barely blended. Beat in the sour cream, egg, zest, and lemon juice till smooth.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans. Bake at 325° for about 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn onto cooling racks. Cool completely before glazing.
- Dip lemon drops top side down into the glaze. Let excess glaze drip off into the bowl, then invert lemon drops bottom side down onto cooling racks. (Place waxed paper underneath the cooling racks for easier clean up.) Let sit till glaze hardens.
Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Heat for about 10 seconds in the microwave till glaze is very thin.
Total time: 1 hour 15 min - Serving: 24
- 24+ large fresh strawberries (1 1/2 to 2 lbs, depends on how much you fill them)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep "X" from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a star piping tip. Don't have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are.