Fall doesn’t only bring colder, chill weather but plenty of fruits and flavors to use in cocktails and drinks. From apple cider, pumpkin, cinnamon, and many other species, cranberries, and more. If you’re wondering what mixes (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) to try this fall, we’ve got you covered!
We gathered up a variety of drinks and cocktails for you to try, in different flavors as well to satisfy all your cravings! Check them out and let us know how it goes! Cheers!
Let’s start first with a few Non-Alcoholic drinks:
Hot Pumpkin Nog by Mom Foodie
Prep time: 2 min; Cooking time: 6 min
- 1 ½ cups Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 3 tbs sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree canned is fine
- fresh grated nutmeg
- Pour soy milk into a saucepan. Add egg and yolk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon salt & vanilla. Turn stove on med-high and whisk well.
- Continue to whisk regularly, just before the mixture would come to a boil you will notice it thicken and the froth at the top will start to hold its forms better. At this point remove the pan from the burner and quickly whisk in the pumpkin.
- Pour into serving mugs and grate nutmeg over the top
If you prefer an alcoholic beverage, include a shot of rum or whiskey when you add the pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate from Marsha’s Baking Addiction
The time needed: 10 min, Serving: 2 drinks
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz (65g) chocolate (milk, dark, or semi-sweet), coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons drinking cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add the milk, cream, chocolate, and cocoa powder to a microwave-safe bowl or jug. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth, and the mixture is hot.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, vanilla, and spices until fully combined. Warm-up again if necessary.
- Pour into mugs or heat-proof glasses, top with whipped cream, and serve immediately.
To store this hot chocolate, keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat when ready to serve.
Sparkling Cranberry Punch from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
- 2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 (12 oz can) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1-liter club soda
- Lemon Wedges
- Mix the cranberry juice cocktail with the pink lemonade concentrate.
- Just before serving, slowly pour in the club soda.
- Serve drinks with ice, cranberries, and lemon wedges.
And last but not least, some Alcoholic drinks
Apple Cider Margarita by A Couple Cooks
Serves 8 drinks (a pitcher)
- 1 ½ cups tequila
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¾ cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 3 handfuls of ice
Mix the ingredients and serve
Ginger Pear Bourbon Cocktail by No Spoon Necessary
Prep Time: 5 min; Cook Time: 20 min
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 2 ounces pear nectar or juice
- ½ lemon juice
- 1-ounce ginger honey simple syrup
- Ginger Ale
- Ginger honey simple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- Ginger honey simple syrup (enough for 2 cocktails)
- 1 1’’ piece of ginger – peeled and thinly sliced
- Optional Garnishes: Crystallized Ginger, thinly sliced Pear, Lemon Wedges
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepot combine honey, water, and ginger. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring, until honey dissolves into the water. Remove from heat and set aside to steep for 20 minutes. Strain into a container, discarding ginger, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cocktail: Combine bourbon, pear juice, lemon, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Vigorously shake until chilled.
Pour over ice in glass and top with a bit of ginger ale. Garnish with pear slices, a lemon wedge, and a few pieces of crystallized ginger on a skewer.
Here are a few delicious recipes to kick the fall and enjoy during cozy nights!